Crosswalk Community Church is committed to the historic orthodoxy of the Christian faith.
This faith includes but is not limited to the full and final authority of the Bible, the doctrine of the Trinity, the deity of Jesus Christ and his substitutionary and sacrificial death on the cross to forgive sins, and the gospel of salvation by grace through faith in Christ alone.
This faith affirms the dignity of all human life and the need of every person to experience forgiveness of sin through a new birth into the family of God. It also affirms the call of discipleship to follow Jesus Christ as Lord and strive to live a holy life in accordance with biblical moral teachings.
- We value Jesus Christ:He is to be honored as head of the church (Col. 1:18). We will seek to follow Jesus in all we do. Church leadership will pray about all decisions and seek unity, listening for the voice of Christ. The leadership team will be made up of Christians who:
- Exhibit Christian character and maturity.
- Use their spiritual gifts in ministry to the building up of the Body.
- Honor the Lord by regular worship attendance.
- Give to the Lord’s work.
- We value people: All people are created in the image and likeness of God and are to be treated with respect (Gen. 1:27). We affirm the blessings of our multicultural world, and welcome people from every race, nationality, language group and culture into the church of Jesus Christ. Crosswalk Community Church will strive to be a place of healing and hope for all people.
- We value truth: The Bible is our primary authority (2 Tim. 3:15,16). Crosswalk will be a church that studies, preaches and seeks to obey the Bible. We will honor the Bible as God’s word and trust it as the final infallible authority on all matters of faith and practice.
- We value worship: The Triune God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) is to be praised. We know that God is seeking people to worship him in spirit and in truth, and will strive to promote Spirit led worship with sincerity and passion (John 4:23).
- We value prayer: It is our lifeline to God (Phil. 4:5,6). We will strive to be a praying church, living in relationship with God and seeking to hear his voice. We will praise and thank God, we will confess to God and we will seek God’s provision for all our needs.
- We value relationships: We are to love each other, live in forgiveness, seek healing and personal growth (1 Peter 4:8). When we have wronged others, we will confess our sin and seek forgiveness. Whenever we feel wronged, we will care enough to confront each other in love, and take the proper steps before initiating church discipline (Mt. 18: 15-17).
- We value the works of Jesus: He is our example (John 14:12). Jesus proclaimed and demonstrated the Kingdom of God. In his name we will pray for the sick, preach the gospel of the Kingdom, deliver the oppressed from demons and bring comfort to the downtrodden. We will do these things trusting in God, relying on the power of the Spirit and in the name and authority of Jesus.
- We value mission: We will prioritize helping people to get into a right relationship with God (Mt. 28:19). Honoring God by making disciples of Jesus Christ is the purpose of the church. The Crosswalk Church family will strive to reach the lost in all the world by sending and supporting missionaries who are committed to sharing the gospel.
- We value every believer as a minister of Jesus Christ: We practice the truth that every Christian is called to service in and through the church by encouraging every member to discover their spiritual gift and find a place of ministry (1 Peter 2:9; 1 Cor.12:7).
- We value Christian stewardship: We recognize that every believer is called by God to be faithful in honoring the Lord with our time, our talent, and our treasure. We recognize the biblical model for giving is 10% (Lev. 27:30), and that we are called to share our blessings with others.